ARK: Survival Evolved v180 just released boasting performance improvements. How big? Watch the v180 performance testing video and see if memory usage really dropped. I test v180 on my Titan X with high settings.
Here's a spoiler: it did. By a lot. The ARK: Survival Evolved devs (Studio Wildcard) have been busy optimizing the game and it shows. Performance in v180 is vastly improved where memory usage is concerned, though actual frame rate is still up in the air until more testing can be performed.
* Let's play ARK: Survival evolved single player playlist:
* 7 Days to Die Walking Dead mode alpha 11 let's play playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHHKPKrAY-RHmMSxujL05ZdFcGbLSVxgU
* 7 Days to Die alpha 11 let's play playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHHKPKrAY-REecxAE1h1iqHcFdBjlAy5E
* 7 Days to Die alpha 10 let's play playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHHKPKrAY-RGFZdLT0xkcni4g7nggUm1Q
Subscribe for let's plays, gameplay, tips, bugs, previews, and general clean inanity because that's always fun: http://www.youtube.com/user/letsplaykicgaming?sub_confirmation=1
As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
Official site: http://playark.com/
Buy and download ARK: Survival Evolved: http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/
ARK: Survival Evolved wiki: http://ark.gamepedia.com/ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Wiki
7 Days to Die trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW9vsrPWujI
Outro music graciously provided by the awesome Skylar Cahn: https://www.youtube.com/user/skylarcahn
ARK: Survival Evolved is currently in early access. These are the planned features for the full version:
Planned Core Features include, among many other things:
- 40+ more creatures to reach over 70, with essentially every major category of extinct animal represented in some way
- More saddle types including saddle armor tiers and saddles with powerful weapons mounted on them
- Gas-powered Vehicles
- Human/Dino Body-Paints
- Enhanced building mechanics to evolve ARK into one of the best straight-up builder games out there
- More underwater biome/ecosystem complexity, including support for vacuum-sealed underwater bases
- Lots more items, weapons, armors and further advanced tech tiers
- More item skins, limited run event skins
- More bosses and the end-game cycle including the Ultimate Life Form & Ascension
- More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more.
- Steam Economy Support for Statistical Items (Need some Steam API functionality for this from Valve!)
- Way more plants and more detailed plant biology systems/farming systems
- More statistical modelling of status illnesses/diseases (both player and creature)
- Better SFX, more Music, Better UI's, Better Gamepad support (i.e. UI button shortcut callouts), Better VR support (i.e. HMD gun-aim option)
In addition to zillions of bug fixes, intensive performance improvements, mega iterative polishing, and what have you. The game will sparkle like a shiny diamond before it is considered ready for Full Release, and even then we plan on a long-term post-Release content lifecycle, with specialized ARK's on the drawing board.”
Some ARK: Survival Evolved early access features:
Dinosaurs and creatures -- over 30 at Early Access start and 70+ planned for final release -- can be tamed using a challenging capture-&-affinity process, involving weakening a feral creature to knock it unconscious, and then nursing it back to health with appropriate food. Once tamed, you can issue commands to your Pet, which it may follow depending on how well you’ve tamed and trained it. Pets, which can continue to level-up and consume food, can also carry Inventory and Equipment such as Armor, carry prey back to your settlement depending on their strength, and larger pets can be ridden and directly controlled! Fly a Pterodactyl over the snow-capped mountains, lift allies over enemy walls, race through the jungle with a pack of Raptors, tromp through an enemy base along a gigantic brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex! Take part in a dynamic ecosystem life-cycle with its own predator & prey hierarchies, where you are just one creature among many species struggling for dominance and survival.